The new year is just around the corner. Before the first quarter of 2016 and the annual round of performance reviews begin, take some time to review your hiring plans from last year and start predicting who you’ll need to meet 2016’s goals. Here’s how:
- Summarize your achievements last year. Look at who you hired in 2015 and for what reasons. Perhaps you needed to fill a key position after one of your top performers left, or perhaps a department expanded more quickly than you expected. Are your new staff members performing well? If you could change one thing about their work, what would it be? Take notes – these will help guide your planning as you look ahead.
- Summarize 2016’s goals. Most businesses are planning to expand in 2016. If yours is one of them, hiring will be essential to keeping that growth on track. Make sure you can clearly summarize the business’s goals for 2016 in just a few sentences. This will ensure you understand them and help you keep them “top of mind” as you create a plan to find the right people to meet those growth needs.
- Include social media and mobile recruiting. Recruiting via social media, optimized for mobile devices, has taken the business world by storm. As more members of the baby boomer generation retire and more members of the millennial and Generation Z demographics take their places, companies looking for the best talent will need to make it easy for that talent to find them via social media and mobile recruiting.
- Improve communication with potential candidates. Automated candidate tracking systems have made it easier than ever to aggregate cover letters and resumes – and have also made it easier than ever to lose top candidates by failing to connect with them before they find work with a competitor. Commit to connecting personally with top candidates the moment they cross your radar. Even if you have no work to offer at that moment, you’ll demonstrate that your company knows and values good work when it sees it.
- Work with your staffing firm. Missing some key data from the previous year? Unsure where to begin planning for 2016? Concerned that you simply won’t have time to do the screening you need to find the best candidates for your upcoming needs? Your staffing partner can help. When you choose a firm that specializes in your industry and location, you gain a valuable ally with a deep knowledge of local talent and a passion for finding the best possible cultural fit between employee and employer.
At ExecuTeam, our recruiters can help you predict your hiring needs in the coming year and build a strategic staffing plan that ensures you’ll find the people you need when you need them. Contact us today to learn more.